Programming and Design Classes with Programming Inventors’ Expo
Our mission is to contribute to the following:
- An upcoming generation of creators and makers:
- Changing participants perspective of how to impact possibilities with technology;
- Coach youth as makers, as well as users; and
- Mentor minds and perspective.
A generation capable of applying technology to social matters, cultural enrichment, and artistic expression. Examples of project categories:
- Environmental and Energy;
- Health and Medical;
- Internet and Media Accessibility; and
- Artistic Expression.
A generation ready for the jobs and careers of now and the future:
- Hands on textbook for technology training, learn by doing;
- Low-income access to training by removing barriersl
- Low cost training platform: local partners for educational resources management (coaches and location);
- Scholarships include provision of hardware and classes; and
- Experience self-teaching and peer-to-peer developing.
Introduction to Microcomputers and Micro-controllers
- Intro classes through the summer. One on one instruction upon request fall, winter, spring.
- Setup and basic use
- Start programming your Pi using Scratch and Minecraft
- Connect your Pi to the internet
- Create your own media center to stream the internet into your TV
Coding Physical Objects
- Webinars, workshops, workgroups
- Aug – Introduces Python and relates Python programming to building Minecraft mods
- Sept – Teaches students how to install & configure web services and how to access sensors through web services using Python using the Raspberry Pi weather station project.
- Oct – Continues student’s exploration of Python to access sensors and adds control and scheduling using Raspberry Pi home automation project.
- Nov – Introduces the Arduino C/C++ coding environment using super LED panels to be displayed downtown in December, at the Children’s Museum in January, and at the April Expo. Teaches soldering.
- Dec – Introduces the Arduino C/C++ coding environment using super small micro controllers in the telemetry rockets project.
- Jan – Applies Python and Arduino to robotics.
- Feb – Applies Python and Arduino, teaches wiring and soldering.
- March – E Health monitor. Applies Python and Arduino.
Programmers’ Invention Expo
- iT Pie participants have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have achieved and present applied concepts
- Project categories, include: environment, energy, medical, gaming, arts, etc.
- Local IT groups invited to demonstrate
- Regional and National Raspberry Pi groups invited to demonstrate
Follow this development on:
Facebook: Click here to like us on Facebook.
InnoVenture! Click here to follow us on Innoventure.